BEC's first wind farm - help make it happen on 11 December!
After a long delay, the M48 wind farm is finally coming to planning committee. The site is just north of Bristol, between the M4 and M48 motorways, in South Gloucestershire. BEC has an option to buy the farm, should it get through planning, and we need a big push to get it over the line. There are a number of ways you can help, and you don't need to be a South Glos resident to do this:
1. Make a supportive comment online. Please do this straightaway. Your comments need to be very specific at this stage, so please use this wording.
2. Ask the planning committee to support the application. Use this wording. The committee has 13 members - 7 Conservative, 4 Lib Dem, and 2 Labour. The committee recently approved a local solar farm. Lib Dems and Labour were supportive, the Conservative vote was split. Here are full contact details for the committee members.
3. Add a supportive comment for the windfarm to this local newspaper article
4. Be there on the day!
It's at 10:30 am on Thursday 11 December, at the Armstrong Hall in Thornbury, about 10 miles north of Bristol off the A38.
We'll be organising transport, and the first 30 signups get a pro-wind t-shirt to wear, and keep forever!
Please mail us at email@example.com if you're planning to come. And if you need a lift also include:
- your phone number
- the number of people in your group
- your preferred pick-up point
We'll then contact you nearer the time with transport details.
Also, if you drive, and could offer lifts, that would be great too.
Buses 78 and 79 also run from Bristol bus station. Buy a £6 dayrider, and get off at Aldi in Rock St. The theatre is just round the corner.